How Can Parents Help Their Students with their English Development?
- Encourage your child to speak in English at home or outside of school whenever they can
- Encourage your child to join a club, sport, or obtain a job within the community to help them interact with others who are using the English language
- Make sure your child is doing his/her homework for their various core classes each night
- Encourage your child to go to the town library or local book store to buy English books of interest
- Encourage your child to practice their English through computer games/activities (See ESL links for ideas!)
- Check in with your child's teachers to see how they are doing in their classes and how you can help them be more successful in those individual classes
- Most importantly - Ask me for assistance. I am here to help!