The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a modern assessment that not only evaluates each student's progress in reading, writing and math, but also provides better information for teachers and parents to identify where students need help, or are excelling, so they are able to enhance instruction to meet students' individual needs. Not just a multiple-choice bubble test, PARCC challenges students to think, solve real-world problems, and explain their answers. The online format makes answering the questions more engaging.New Information on the 2015-16 reports from the NJDOE
As a result of our continued efforts to improve how parents access and use PARCC information, the PARCC student report was updated with a modified design. The PARCC Individual Student Report (ISR) provides information on how individual students performed on the 2015-16 administration of the PARCC assessments.
About the new score report design-http://parcconline.org/assessments/score-results/2016-score-design-detail
Soon parents will receive a 2015-16 PARCC student report for their child from their school district.
You will find some sample reports and additional guidance below.
- Sample English Language Arts / Literacy – Grade 3 Assessment Report
- Sample English Language Arts / Literacy – Grade 11 Assessment Report
- Sample Mathematics – Grade 5 Assessment Report
- Sample Mathematics – Grade 6 Assessment Report
- Sample Mathematics – Grade 9 Assessment Report
- A Guide to Parent/Teacher Conversations About the PARCC Score Reports
- PARCC Partnership Resource Center (PRC)
- Note that translated sample score reports are available in English and translated into 11 languages.
- Visit Understandthescore.org and click on "Help Your Child" to download sample reports.
PARCC ELA Frameworks
Performance ELA Level Descriptors by Grade Band-Available to download and review
- PARCC All Grades Performance Level Descriptors
- PARCC Grades 3-5 Performance Level Descriptors
- PARCC Grades 6-8 Performance Level Descriptors
- PARCC Grades 9-11 Performance Level Descriptors
PARCC Math Frameworks
PARCC Math Performance-Level Descriptors by Grade Band-Available to download and review
- PARCC Mathematics Performance Level Descriptors: Grades 3-5
- PARCC Mathematics Performance Level Descriptors: Grades 6-8
- PARCC Mathematics Performance Level Descriptors: High School
Additional Parent PARCC Resources
- BE A LEARNING HERO: Provides parent-friendly information and resources on the standards and PARCC tests.
- Be A Learning Hero – Family Guide to the Student Scores 2016 (Español)
- Be A Learning Hero – Student Score Release 2016 Parent Checklist (Español)
- Resource for Parents of Students with IEPs
- Resource for Parents of English Language Learners
A Walk in the PARCC: 2015-16 Newsletters
An informational newsletter about the PARCC assessments and their implementation in the Madison Schools
Reports and Presentations:
Presentation to Madison Faculty, October 14, 2013
Report to the Board, November 12, 2013
PARCC Testing Information