Let's Get Organized
- Come in and sit down. Please take out a pencil and your assignment pad.
- You will update your assignment pad by adding homework, tests, quizzes, and long term assignments.
- Your assignment pad will be checked for accuracy.
- Homework will be checked.
- One or two binders are needed for the core classes.
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- One binder will be arranged for your morning classes and the other for your afternoon classes.
- Trapper folders (4) to separate core classes
- Two hole punched pencil cases
- Supply of loose-leaf paper
- Organize your binder in order of your schedule.
- Keep papers in their proper folders or sections.
- Clean out folders and put all papers with holes in the rings.
- Keep the hole punched papers in the proper order.
- When you clean out a section of a notebook, after a test when directed by a teacher, take those papers home and file them. DO NOT throw them away. You may need them for future tests or assignments.
What I Will Do to Help You
- Help you stay organized
- Reteach concepts that you do not understand
- Teach you ways to study and create study devices (flashcards, study guides, etc.)
- Help you with projects
- Encourage you to use your time wisely
- Help you with writing and math
Organizing at Home
- Create a study/homework area with supplies that are easily accessible.
- Keep a note card box to organize vocabulary flashcards.
- Create a filing system using folders, one for each core subject, to save your papers that you bring home from school.