Intermediate Algebra 2018-2019
Ms. Sarah Mundhenk
All homework and announcements will be done through Google Classroom:
class code: ol2yu9x
Intermediate Algebra is the third course in the four-year sequence. This course will review algebra skills introduced in the first year algebra course, as well as, explore and apply the concepts of number systems, functions and graphs. The concepts of second degree equations and inequalities, factoring, quadratic equations and graphing are developed as are data analysis concepts. The graphing calculator will be used to enhance visual understanding of these topics. This course will provide qualified students with a third year of college preparatory mathematics.
Required Text & Materials
- Teacher-made resources
- Online tutorials
- Scientific/graphing calculator
- The marking period grade will be based on a point system. The grade is a percentage calculated by dividing total points earned by total points possible.
- Tests will be given at regular intervals. Adequate notice will be given for all tests.
- Quizzes will be given after each section and will usually be announced.
- Homework will be assigned regularly and will count toward the marking period grade.
- Arrive to class on time with all necessary materials
- Begin and stay on task without reminders
- Be an active listener (keep head up, stay in your seat)
- Treat the learning environment, other students, and adults with respect
- Accept responsibility for your own work and behavior
- Abide by the MHS Honor Code
Late Work & Make-up Policy
- There will be no makeup of low quiz or test scores.
- Make-up of work missed due to absence(s) will follow the school policy.
- All other late/missed work will lose 10% from the assignment for each day that it is late.
- It is the student’s responsibility to get the missed assignment.
- If absent on the day of a test/quiz, the student will be expected to make up the assessment upon his/her return.
- A student will receive a zero on any test, quiz, or homework assignment that is missed because of an unexcused absence or cut class.
All students are expected to participate fully during class discussions. It has been my experience that the students who participate the most, learn the most. This being said, class participation is not part of the marking period grade.
- Tuesday – Friday after school
- Math Tutorial during all periods (in the media center) and lunch (in C28)
- Lunch by appointment only