Lessons and Orchestra meet once a week. Below are lesson procedures, requirements, expectations,
- Students are expected to practice a minimum of 3 days a week and will be required to use and hand in a Practice Guide one time a month (this practice will not begin until January). Failure to hand in a Practice Guide each month will affect the childs grade in "At Home Practice" on their progress report.
- Every time a student completes and tests out of their Essential Elements Book they will recieve a "Certificate of Completion" at their 5th grade award ceremony. One certificate for each book completed.
- Students in orchestra will have the opportunity to audition for a new seat at the first lesson of every month.
- Progress Reports are distributed at the end of the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. We do not use Genesis and our Progress Reports are printed and handed out in school. If you are interested in knowing how your child is doing in lessons you can contact me at any time email@example.com
Below are mentioned on the Orchestra Contract that everyone has signed and handed in.
- Students will cooperate with other members of the group to achieve our goals.
- Students will work hard to be the best that they can be. They will exhibit appropriate behavior during lessons, rehearsals and performances.
- Students will be responsible and bring their instrument, music, and a pencil to every lesson and rehearsal.
- Students will be punctual and attend all lessons, rehearsals, and performances (unless they are absent from school). Perfect attendance awards are given at the 5th grade award ceremony.
- If a student accumulates more than 4 unexcused absences from Orchestra then they will not be able to perform in the concert. Students are expected to attend weekly morning band or orchestra rehearsals once they have joined their ensemble. Unexcused absenses will affect the childs grade in "Attendance" and "Class Participation" on their progress reports. Excused absenses are if your child is staying home because they are sick, doctors appointment or family emergency. Please try your best to notify the teacher by the morning of rehearsal to excuse your child for any of those reasons. I may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students agree to attend our concerts dressed in proper concert attire (Madison tee shirt or white shirt, black pants/skirt). Students are required to attend all concerts. Failure to attend a concert will affect the students grade in "Attendance" and "Class Participation" on their progress report.