Geometry Lab Course ExpectationsPlease click here for a printer-friendly copy.I. Course DescriptionGeometry Lab is a full-year course designed to remediate and support the mathematical needs of students enrolled in Geometry. Balancing depth of understanding, procedural skill and fluency, and application, this course will support those students who are identified as in need of an additional course as they meet the demands of the New Jersey Student Learning Standards for Mathematics in Geometry. This course is individualized according to the needs of the students and parallels the co-requisite Geometry course. Most important this course allows students additional time to develop a conceptual understanding of the content. This course does not fulfill the mathematics requirement for graduation.
II. Required Text & Materials
· Big Ideas - Geometry
· Scientific Calculator
· Lined notebook paper
III. Grading Policy
· The marking period grade will be based on a point system.
· Tests will be given at the end of each chapter. Adequate notice will be given for all tests.
· Quizzes will be given after a few sections and will usually be announced.
· Homework will be assigned regularly and will count toward the marking period grad
Homework will be 10% of the marking period grade
All other graded items will be 90% of the marking period grade
IV. Classroom Expectations
· Arrive to class on time with all necessary materials
· Begin and stay on task without reminders
· Be an active listener (keep head up, stay in your seat)
· Treat the learning environment, other students, and adults with respect
· Accept responsibility for your own work and behavior
· Abide by the MHS Honor Code
V. Late Work & Make-up Policy
· There will be no makeup of low quiz or test scores.
· Make-up of work missed due to absence(s) will follow the school policy.
· All other late/missed work will lose 10% from the assignment for each day that it is late.
· It is the student’s responsibility to get the missed assignment.
· If absent on the day of a test/quiz, the student will be expected to make up the assessment upon his/her return.
· A student will receive a zero on any test, quiz, or homework assignment that is missed because of an unexcused absence or cut class.
VI. Class Participation
All students are expected to participate fully during class discussions. It has been my experience that the students who participate the most, learn the most. This being said, class participation is not part of the marking period grade.
VII. Teacher Availability
· Monday – Friday before school· Tuesday – Friday after school· Lunch – by appointment only