Welcome to Algebra 1!

  •  

    Ms. Krysa E-mail: krysan@madisonnjps.org

    Check for most recent homework and assignments on the Google Classroom page.

     

    Tools for your student  

    Big Ideas Textbook

    Big Ideas

    Google Classroom

    Genesis

    Tutorial

     

    Course Description

                    Algebra 1 with ICS is an Algebra 1 class that meets twice per rotation, and means students will either have Algebra 1 for one block or two blocks each day. Ms. Krysa will be in the classroom for both periods, and Ms. Gentile will be in the classroom for the lab period.

                    Algebra 1 focuses on different types of functions and relationships. Topics include linear functions, inequalities, systems, absolute value, exponential, quadratic, polynomial, and radical functions. Each unit will connect the written function to the graphical representation. Real world applications will also be introduced, and will demonstrate how functions are used to model situations.

     

    Grading

                    Grades will be calculated based on a weighted point system. Homework will account for 10% of the final grade, while other forms of assessment will make up the other 90%. Homework will be checked for completeness and effort.

                    If you miss class, check Google Classroom or email Ms. Krysa for missed notes and homework.  If an assessment is missed, you will need to arrange to make it up during a tutorial or another time. Speak to Ms. Krysa or Ms. Gentile about organizing a day to make it up.

     

    Teacher Availability

    Ms. Krysa is available in Tutorial during Period 7 and after school/ at lunch at request.

    Ms. Gentile is available during Periods 2 & 8, during lunch, and before and after school in B12.

     

    Materials

    • One-inch binder
    • Notebook paper
    • Pencils and erasers
    • Graphing Calculator (TI-84 recommended)