- Will be calculated by Total Points
- Late Work & Makeup is available on a case by case basis
- Please speak with Ms. Berry privately during Study Halls, Common Lunch, after school, and/or email
Google Classroom Sketchbook Assignments
- Sketchbook Assignments=10 points each
- Due each week
- Late Sketchbook Assignments -2 points but can still be handed in until the end of the Semester
- Extra Credit is Available on Sketchbook Assignments
- Unit Projects=100 points each
- Complete a Unit Rubric at the end of each project and hand in
- Examples should be shown for each topic:
- Develop Craft
- Engage & Presist
- Stretch & Explore
- Understand the Art World
- Projects completed WITHOUT a rubric handed in before the end of the Marking Period will receive only 50 points.
- Critiques=50 points each
- T.A.G. stands for:
- Tell the artist something you like
- Ask The artist a question
- Give the artist a suggestion
- 9x12 inch Drawing Sketchbook (For taking notes and sketches)
- Drawing Materials (Pencils, markers, pens)
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each class period.
- Success in a studio art class is based on participation in activities and interaction with other students.
- Skill and knowledge is acquired as much by doing and participating as it is by reading and responding.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to find out what you have missed and what you need to prepare for the next class.
- Contact Ms. Berry as well as your classmates to find out about any lessons/assignments you may have missed.
- We will be utilizing Google Classroom throughout the semester using student Chromebook's and A6 Art Studio computers.
- You must “join” the class by going to classroom.google.com.
- Check in regularly for each unit including sketchbook assignments, class presentations, website links, and additional resources.
Expectations & Classroom Rules
- Be Respectful
- Golden Rule: Treat others how you want to be treated
- Respect yourself, Ms. Berry, and your classmates
- Respect the space, tools, and materials
- Respect other classmate’s projects, creativity, and process
- Be Responsible
- Arrive on time & come to class prepared
- Bring sketchbook to every class
- Follow ALL directions
- No cell phone use (unless authorized by teacher)
- Stay focused and complete work on time
- If late, bring a signed pass from your last location
- If you need to leave the room, get permission, take a pass, and sign out
- Participate in reviews and critiques
- Clean up 5 minutes before the bell
- Put everything back where it should be neatly
- Wash anything you get dirty (this may include your table, chair and art tools)
- Make sure your project has your name, class & section on it so it doesn’t get lost
- Be Safe
- Ask me if you are unsure on something!
- Be aware of proximity to others
- Stay alert to prevent accidents
- Keep area clean and take responsibility for your own safety and those around you
- Keep art room clean and equipment clean to help eliminate safety risks
- Clean tools last longer and function more safely
- Wash hands and skin after getting all art materials on skin
- Be aware of germs and allergies