Happy Friday! Please see the attached brochure with information about the Madison Summer Arts Program.Upcoming Events:
Health Office Update from Mrs. Crescas:
- March 2-6: Read Across America Week! (Please see the 2 flyers detailing exciting events)
- March 2: Cat in the Hat Day! Wear your best hat and tie, just like the character from
“The Cat in the Hat”. This day is also the book tasting, reading train, and indoor Seuss Parade!
- March 3: Fox in Socks Day! Wear your craziest socks!
- March 4: Wacky Wednesday Dress as wacky as you can! This can include crazy hair,
mismatched shoes, backwards clothes, crazy hats, or anything wacky!
- March 4: PTO Meeting @ 11:30 TJS Art Room
- March 5: Oh, the Places You'll Go! Wear something from a place you have visited or hope to visit someday!
- March 6: Grinchy Green Eggs and Ham Day! Wear something green!
- March 16: Madison Education Foundation (MEF) Grant Showcase, 9:00-10:00 AM (please see the attached flyer!)
Art Update from Mr. Thompson:Mr. Thompson has started an Instagram Art page which features amazing student artwork! Follow his art page at @artwith_mrt - https://www.instagram.com/
- Stay home when you are sick. If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover coughs and sneezes, then dispose of the tissue. When a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Find additional CDC resources on how to clean and disinfect schools.
- Wash hands for 20 seconds. Washing hands often under clean, running water can help prevent the spread of germs. For more guidance see the CDC: When and How to Wash Your Hands. If you cannot wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.
- A Comic For Kids Exploring the Coronavirus
artwith_mrt/Guidance Update from Mrs. Bletcher:
This week I had the pleasure of teaching our third graders ways to “cool off” when experiencing anger and/or frustration. Some examples of these calm down strategies include stretching, practicing mindfulness, getting a drink of water, expressing feelings with “I messages” and changing environment. Each student created a “cool tools” kit to keep in their classrooms for reference. I ended my lessons by asking students to reflect back on a time when they felt angry and how they used cool tools to manage their emotions in different situations. This week our K, 2, 3 and 4th grade Jaguar Buddies met to practice their conflict resolution skills. They were all given different scenarios to act out and problem solve together. It was a great way to reinforce our school wide Win-Win conflict resolution strategy. As an added bonus, students had so much fun acting out their scenarios with peers in different classes and across grade levels!
Torey J is hosting a four week long Girl's Leadership Workshop designed for 4th and 5th grade girls and their parents. Topics include, assertive self expression, emotional intelligence at home, owning our mistakes and creating a road map for conflict. Please see the attached flyer for more information.PTO Update:CHEERS TO 50 YEARS FOR TJS
It’s going to be a great night, you won’t want to miss it..DJ, Dinner, Dancing, Prizes,
Old Friends/ New Friends, Adult Beverages served...need we say more??!!
WHERE: Park Avenue Club
WHEN: Saturday March 7, 2020
WHAT: 50/50 raffle, Golden ticket prizes, Cornhole tournament, Bid on parent hosted parties and teacher outings for the kids.
Buy your tickets after school everyday thru Friday 3/6/20 or click here to view the invitation and PayPal link
Our next General PTO meeting will be held Wednesday, March 4th at 11:30am in the TJS art room. Please come and find out about our upcoming events and how you can be a part of it all!
AUTHOR VISIT - MARCH 20, 2020
The PTO is so pleased to welcome author and illustrator Dan Yaccarino to TJS on March 20th! He is an incredibly engaging presenter and will meet with all of the students when he visits. If you’re interested in ordering one of his books to be signed by him please fill out the attached form and return it with cash or check made payable to TJS PTO by TODAY Friday, February 28th!! Any questions, please contact Lindsey Dubman at email@example.com
BOOK TASTING - MONDAY MARCH 2, 2020
Students in grades 2 through 5 will be invited to the Jaguar Jungle for our first ever Book Tasting!! Students will be given a chance to preview over 60 new & exciting books available to borrow from our newly renovated TJS Media Center. K & 1st grade will be invited to the Media Center for library stations, extra period of reading and Dr. Suess fun with their teachers. Thank you to Mr. Paradiso for all his hard work planning this new & exciting tradition!! Thank you to Jen Haviland, Deanna Pearly, Michele O’Keefe, & Donna Weller for helping to plan, set up and assist with this fun new TJS event.
The PTO brought an Irish dance assembly to Torey J. today. World Champion Irish dancers Darrah Carr and Niall O’Leary have graced stages across the country and around the world. Thank you to Belle Somers for all her hard work organizing this assembly. Like us on facebook TJS PTO to see photos of today's event and other great happenings at TJS.
The Science Fair is back!
When: March 25, 6:30-8:30PM in the Jaguar Jungle
Boards will be distributed after school starting next week on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Follow the link here to the Science Fair PTO information page. If you have any questions feel free to contact Ken O'Flaherty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Do you ever ask yourself, “What can I do to help Torey J.?”Please reach out to Amanda or Sarah at email@example.com. We need 2-3 parent volunteers to run the bracelet & ticket sales for the Jamboree in June. This is a great job for someone who is organized & detail oriented. If you volunteer for this job at the social on 3/7/20 you will win a prize..also it’ll show that you actually read to the bottom of this email :)Have a wonderful weekend!