SUBSTITUTE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONSThe Madison Board of Education values the role of Substitute in our district. Our rates are competitive within our area as we constantly seek qualified individuals to help us fulfill our Teacher/Support Staff assignments.ALL APPLICANTS: Madison Public Schools prefers that you print this application out and complete it by clicking on the following link paper application. Once the application is complete please call Barbara O'Donnel at X3112 to make an appointment. Paperwork may be dropped off daily at the Board Office between the hours of 9am-10am or 2pm-3pm.If applying to be a Substitute Teacher/TA/Nurse and you DO NOT have a NJ Substitute Teacher's Credential you must do the following:
- Print out and complete State of NJ Substitute Teacher's Credential Application
- Have your Official College Transcripts of 60+ credits mailed to Human Resources- 359 Woodland Road, Madison, NJ 07940
- If you're applying to be a NJ Substitute Nurse we'll need a current copy of your NJ Board Certification and current CPR Authorization
- Complete an Oath of Allegiance and have it notarized (Notarization can be done at Madison BOE) Oath of Alligence
- Provide a check to the Madison BOE made out to the "Commissioner of Education" in the amount of $125.00 (dated w/in 60 days of submission)
- Complete your fingerprinting (CHRU) for MORRIS COUNTY code 27 and MADISON PUBLIC SCHOOLS code 2870 by doing the following:
- All applicants must submit their Applicant Authorization and Certification by going online to the Criminal History Website and Click on the line “File Authorization and Make Electronic Payment for Criminal History Record Check".
- Applicant/Employee shall select the first choice “New Administration Fee Request” and then select SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (even if you will be a Student Teacher/Intern, Volunteer or ECA applicant or TA)
- Applicant/Employee must complete the Applicant Authorization & Certification (AA&C) form and make the required administrative fee payment with a credit or debit card.
- After the administrative fee payment has been approved, the applicant will be presented with three things that they MUST complete:
If you are already Certified as a NJ Substitute Teacher/Nurse or Certified NJ Teacher (or have completed the above) we will need the following:
- View and print their Applicant Authorization & Certification (AA&C) confirmation page.
- Complete and print their IdentoGO NJ Universal Fingerprint form.
- Schedule their MorphoTrust fingerprinting appointment.
- Copies of your NJ Certifications
- Notarized Oath of Allegiance Citizen OR Non-Citizen
- Copy of your CHRU (fingerprint) clearance for our district (2870) OR a Continuous Employment letter from a District you currently work for AND you need to TRANSFER or ARCHIVE your prints to our district code 2870. To transfer click on this link and select "Transfer Request" https://homeroom4.doe.state.nj.us/chr/
- Complete an I-9 form and supply 2 forms of ID or your Passport
- ECA Applicants: Extra-Curricular Activity (ECA) Form
- Consultants: Consultant Form Request
- Tuberculosis Test to be completed max. 6 months prior from date of employment: Mantoux Test
- W4 and Direct Deposit for SUBS if desired
*You will need an interview which will be scheduled by the BOE once they've reviewed your application*Substitute Rates –2017/2018 School Year:Teachers: $100/daySchool Nurses: $175/dayTeacher Asst: $80/daySecretaries: $16/hr.Custodial: $17/hr.Bus Driver: $20/hr
PLEASE NOTE: Substitutes get paid on the 15th of the following month. Meaning if you worked Sept. 6,7,8, etc., you will be paid for September on Oct. 15th.We are currently using the Aesop System to call our substitutes. Once you are Board Approved, you can access the Aesop system by going to http://www.aesoponline.com.