Parents and Professionals for Exceptional Children (PPEC)PPEC is a collaboration between parents and the Special Services Department. By working together, our goals are:
- To provide support and advocacy for families with children who have special needs
- To develop more effective communication between parents and special services personnel in the schools
- To provide programs and information for parents and professionals on current topics in special education
- To improve the educational, recreational, vocational and social programs for our children
- To keep abreast of federal, state and local legislation that may affect the education of exceptional children
Join us for our first meeting!!!We are pleased to invite you to attend the first meeting of the 2019-2020 school year of Madison's Special Education Parent Advisory Group and to announce that we will be partnering with Harding's Special Education Parent Advisory Group. This meeting will take place on December 4th in the Media Center at Madison High School. The meeting agenda will be as follows:6:30-7:00 Advisory Panel Meeting: We are excited to open this portion of the meeting to any and all individuals (parents and professionals) who wish to participate.7:00-8:00 Presentation: Planning For Transition: Why It Is Vital For Your Student’s Future (see below for presentation description)8:00 Parents only meetingPlanning For Transition: Why It Is Vital For Your Student’s FutureThe transition planning process includes evaluating the student’s skills, abilities, strengths, challenges, and preferences to envision their life after leaving school. Planning involves setting goals for the student to strive toward and identifying the need for supports. Carrying out the transition plan can begin and should be a part of the student’s Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). Students and families must be actively involved in the transition planning process as early as possible and keep it moving forward. This presentation discusses the importance of planning, the steps necessary to plan, and provides hands–on tools to put a plan in place.