Students will be assigned homework Monday to Thursday in varying subjects. The purpose of this homework is to review and reinforce skills and concepts learned in school. District policy states that fifth grade homework should take between 45 and 60 minutes. This does not include free reading.
Students will be responsible for writing down homework assignments daily in their student planner, provided by the CAS PTO. Homework is expected to be completed neatly and handed in on time. Students are responsible for missed homework and are graded accordingly.
- Please check your child's planner every so often to check the homework.
- There will be math homework almost every night.
- Your child should be reading their book club book or an independent reading book every night for at least 30 minutes. They should record their reading in their reading log.
- All tests and quizzes must be signed and returned.
- By the end of each month, students will be expected to complete a science scoop assignment. Directions for this assignment can be found here. Your child can find science current event articles using the websites on the Helpful Links tab.