1. My child may need speech-language services but I'm not sure if it is developmental or a speech-language disorder.
     Please contact me by email and I would be happy to meet informally with you and your child so your child's needs can be accurately identified.  
    2. Who can refer a student for speech services ?
        A student can be referred for speech services by a teacher who has concerns. After I receive a referral, I would contact the parent to arrange a meeting to discuss the student's current level of speech-language skills.
    3. Does a student have to be classified to receive school based speech-language services ?
        The answer is yes in accordance with NJ State Department of Education rules and regulations. There are two classifications - Eligible for Special Education Services(ESES) and Eligible for Speech-Language Services(ESLS).  Students classified ESES receive school based S/L services as a related serivce. Students classified ESLS receive school based S/L services based on their individual classification as having a disorder in articulation, fluency or voice.