- Respect is vital in this classroom for the teacher, your classmates, the property, and yourselves.
- All school policies are strictly enforced- this includes those regarding cell phones and electronics, dress code, profanity, plagiarism, lateness, etc.
- Please be in your seat and working on the Do Now when the bell rings unless instructed otherwise.
- You must get the teacher’s permission to leave the room to use the bathroom or get a drink. Please make sure you return without disturbing others.
- Enthusiasm is great, but calling out answers is not, as it does not allow everyone a chance to think and participate- please raise your hand. Our time is brief and valuable together, so let’s keep any interruptions to a minimum.
- No candy, food, or drinks. It is dangerous during a lab and can bring bugs, which nobody wants! This is our home for the next 9 ½ months.
- If you would like to discuss your grade, you can ask me after class.
- Take every fire or lockdown drill as a true emergency. Follow all procedures and remain quiet.
Failure to follow classroom rules will result in:
- Verbal warning
- Lunch detention with the teacher
- Call home/administrator intervention.
**If we all keep these rules in mind, we will have a wonderful, successful year together! I am looking forward to an exciting and fun year in Science with you!