Let's Get Organized
- Come to class with Agenda, AM & PM Binders, pens/pencils, and ELA Bags.
- Come in and sit down.
- You will update your assignment pad by adding homework, tests, quizzes, and long term assignments.
- Your assignment pad will be checked for accuracy.
Notebook Procedures/Organizing Your Binders
- One or two binders are needed for the core classes. (Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, and Math)
- One binder will be arranged for your morning classes and the other for your afternoon classes.
- Trapper folders (4) to separate core classes
- Two hole punched pencil cases
- Supply of loose-leaf paper
- Organize your binder in order of your schedule.
- Keep papers in their proper folders or sections.
- Clean out folders and put all papers with holes in the rings.
- Keep the hole punched papers in the proper order.
- Keep your table of contents updated.
- When you clean out a section of a notebook, after a test or when directed by a teacher, take those papers home and file them. Do NOT throw them away. You may need them for future tests or assignments.
- help you stay organized
- reteach concepts that you do not understand
- teach you ways to study and create study devices (flashcards, study guides...)
- help you with projects
- encourage you to use your time wisely
- help you with writing and math
Organization at Home
- Create a study/homework area with supplies easily at hand
- Keep note card box to organize vocabulary flashcards
- Create a filing system using folders, one for each core subject, to save your papers that you bring home from school
- Write assignments on desk calendar to stay organized