Residency and Registration General Information
The Madison Board of Education has adopted a policy which provides for a two-step procedure for enrolling incoming students. All proofs of residency are to be done at the Madison Board of Education Office at 359 Woodland Road.
Residency Step One
To prove residency before registering your children we ask of you to please bring the required district forms along with your most recent proofs of residency, to the best of your ability, listing the Madison address, including but not limited to:
- Original Birth Certificate of all children being registered for school; This is also required for Step 2
- Valid NJ Driver's License OR Valid NJ State ID OR another Valid ID if a NJ Valid cannot be obtained; Non-Government IDs are NOT accepted
- Deed OR Mortgage Statement OR Closing Statement-for homeowners
- Lease with an expiration date, AND an Owner/Landlord--notarized--affidavit (click for here for Affidavit)-for leasers
Leasers Please Note: If there is no lease and you rent on a month-to-month basis, we request a notarized letter from your landlord stating the agreement in addition to the Owner Landlord Affidavit mentioned above. Month-to-Month Leasers are asked to provide a rent receipt OR canceled rent check AND a current utility bill periodically throughout the school year. TENTATIVE DUE DATES: 8/15 AND 4/15. Yearly Leasers are asked to provide a new lease OR lease renewal AND current utility bill when the lease provided expires.
- Two or Three different bills with a current date (i.e. utility bills from different vendors, PSE&G, cell phone bill, water/electric bill, NJ vehicle registration, NJ voter registration, bank statements, credit card bills, etc.)
- District Forms: Certificate of Residency and Standard Registration Form 100-each per child
- Other special circumstances require different forms in addition to the above proofs. For more info visit: Residency Information and Forms
PLEASE NOTE: The name on the bills provided must match the name on the valid ID provided. For example, if dad's name is on the proofs--then dad must provide valid ID, if mom's name is on the proofs--then mom must provide valid ID, etc.
Please contact Patti Cleary to schedule an appointment for proving residency. Phone 973-593-3101 x3102. Email: email@example.com
Residency Step Two
The second step is to Register. This is done after proving residency and at the school your child will be attending. *Always call the school's Secretary for an appointment*
Both Residency AND Registration forms need to be completed when a child enters the district--even if there are siblings already enrolled.
As mentioned above, even if you move within the Madison School District--you will need to reestablish your residency.
Change of address information, click below: Change of Address Form
For a listing of the Elementary School Attendance Areas please click below: Elementary Attendance Areas
For Policy 5111 click below: 5111 Eligibility of Resident-Nonresident Pupils