Our main goal is to develop English language proficiency and achieving
state content-area standards, while simultaneously valuing students' native
languages and cultural backgrounds. We are committed in creating and
offering the highest quality of educational services to all students and
create global citizens. We have a total of 2600 of students in our
school district and 75 are enrolled in our ESL program K-12.
We have students coming from all over the world! The most common
language spoken is Spanish.
The ESL Program is based on a few key concepts that include the following:
- Students are group by their English proficiency level.
- Teachers integrate academic language and content in their lessons.
- A pull out model, where teachers have students for a period of time and they are
- in a small group setting.
- Teachers collaborate with content and general education teachers to create well rounded support.
- Teachers are constantly being trained and we have staff members trained in SIOP.