Coronavirus resources from the health office
- NJ Residents who Tested Negative for COVID-19: Instructions & Next Steps
- NJ Residents with a Positive COVID-19 Test: Instructions & Next Steps
- Coronavirus Resources
Follow the link to learn more about influenza from the CDC & NJDOH. Here you will find information in Spanish and English.
To prevent illness wash your hands often and keep your child home when showing signs of illness.
- HPV Brochure - English
- HPV Brochure - Spanish
- A note from Mrs. Skordinsky, MJS's School Nurse (Please review) 2018-2019
- Mandatory School Health Information (Please review) 2018-2019
- Attendance Regulations - for a student sick, tardy, or absent
- Here is the link to the Flu Basics brochure in English: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/documents/flu/flu_basics_eng.pdf
- Here is the link to see the brochure in the other languages: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/flu_other_lan.shtml
A message from Nurse Skordinsky
The Health Office has seen an early start of the cold virus, nasal congestion, sore throats and flu-like symptoms. Please encourage and review with your students the importance of handwashing to help control the spread of illness.
Click on the link to for suggestions from the NJ Department of Education to help remind children When Should You Wash Your Hands?
And view the following links from the CDC and the NJDOH for more information.
- Handwashing at Home, at Play and Out and About
- Handwashing: a Family Activity
- Hand washing Video
- Is it a Cold or is it the Flu?
- Flu and Your Teen Know the Risks
- Got the Flu?
- Lavado de manos en casa, en donde jugamos y cuando salimos
- El lavado de manos: Una actividad en familia para mantener a los niños y adultos sanos
- Es un Resfriado o Gripe?