Instrumental and Vocal Music
- Jazz Band - The Madison High School jazz band is comprised of a select group of musicians. Rehearsals are after school and evenings throughout the school year. The jazz bands perform at school concerts, “Dessert & Jazz” and at community events.
- Jazz Chorus- Comprised of a select group of vocalists from the MHS Chorus, the Jazz Chorus performs at school concerts, sports events and for community groups, with a repertoire ranging from jazz standards to soulful ballads to a version of the Star-Spangled Banner sprinkled with jazz harmonies. Rehearses one evening per week at MHS.
- Marching Band - This award-winning ensemble performs at every home football game as well as numerous community events and local marching band competitions. Open to all MHS band students. Rehearses evenings and weekends. The season runs from late August to late November.
- Fall Drama - The cast and crew of the fall drama rehearse from September through mid-November. Open to all MHS students.lzer
- Spring Musical - The largest student activity in the school, the musical employs student actors, dancers, musicians, set painters, set builders, a running crew, a light crew, costume, and make-up coordinators and stage managers. Under the leadership of teachers Blake Spence and Dan Malloy, performances are held for Madison Senior Citizens, the student body and the community at large. The activity runs from December through mid-March.