Madison Parents & Professionalsof Exceptional Children (PPEC)
What is PPEC?
PPEC is a collaboration between parents, faculty and the Special Services Department of Madison. By working together, our goals are:
- To provide support and advocacy for families with children who have special needs
- To develop more effective communication between parents , faculty and special services personnel in the schools
- To provide programs and information for parents and professionals on current topics in special education
- To improve the educational, recreational, vocational and social programs for our children
- To keep abreast of federal, state and local legislation that may affect the education of exceptional children
By working together with the Special Services department, we can help our children grow, and help the community to better understand the special needs of our children.
Who are members of PPEC?
Membership is open to all parents, teachers, professionals and community members who are interested in the lives and education of children with special needs. A membership fee of $10 per family per year will be assessed.
We welcome your involvement to continue to improve the programs offered in the Madison School District. The greater our size, the better will be our ability to address issues on an organized basis to further provide and improve the education for our students.
Michelle Goodwin email@example.comAmy Sheppard firstname.lastname@example.orgBeth Fissel email@example.com