To Register Your Child
CAS KINDERGARTEN & FIRST GRADE REGISTRATION will take place the week of January 14th.
Children whose parent(s)/guardian(s) live in Madison and who will be five years old on or before October 1, 2019 are eligible to register for Kindergarten beginning in January. Children entering into the first grade can also register for the 2019-2020 school year. The Madison Board of Education has a two-step procedure for enrolling students (1) Residency and (2) Registration.
Parents are asked to complete residency and registration forms prior to their appointments. The forms and required documentation are available on the Madison Public Schools website at www.madisonpublicschools.org under the Parent Resources tab at the top of the main webpage.
PLEASE CALL 973-593-3101 ext. 3102 IN ORDER TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT BETWEEN 9:00 AND 3:00
Step One (Residency): The following items must be brought to the residency appointment:
1. Required Residency forms:
- Certificate of Residency form
- Standard Residency/Registration form 100
- Child’s original birth certificate
2. One of the following:
(Valid ID w/name & current Madison address)
- NJ Driver’s License
- Morris County or NJ State Valid ID
- Other ___________________
3. One of the following:
- Deed of home
- Mortgage Statement
- Closing statement
- Other ____________________
- Lease (with expiration date)
- Lease end date: _____________
- Owner/Landlord Affidavit
- Canceled rent check for the current period
4. Two of the following:
(Current date and Madison address)
- PSEG/Water/Electric or utility bill
- Phone/television/cable bill
- NJ vehicle registration
- NJ voter registration
- Bank statement
- Other proof(s) as permitted by NJSA 18 et. seq
5. Proof of Custody:
- Divorce decree or Notarized statement from both parents regarding custody
- Married to child’s mother/father
- Other: ________________________
Step Two (Registration): Once residency is successfully established, parent(s)/guardian(s) will complete registration with the school’s secretary.
The following items must be brought to the registration appointment:
- Completed & signed residency form (obtained after successfully completing step one)
- Standard Registration form pages for each child
- Child’s original birth certificate. For kindergarteners showing that he/she is five years old on or before October 1, 2019.
- Immunization records for the following (Required Universal Health & Dental Records can be found on our website):
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella, DPT, Polio (including one dose of DPT and Polio vaccine on or after the child’s fourth birthday), Varicella, Hepatitis B and HIB vaccinations.