Madison Community Members,
This December, our faculty, staff, administration and Board of Education are grateful and proud to have been able to maintain such continuous operations, even while many local districts are shifting schools to remote instruction through January. We applaud our community members that have made good choices to protect the public health and salute the Dodger staff who keep our schools safe throughout the day and support the Department of Health by contact tracing and guiding families through quarantining, testing and/or isolating. Safety is important now, more than ever. Please stay safe and informed so that we can remain strong throughout this time of difficulty and emerge even stronger.
Weekly COVID updates will be provided within this weekly Dodger Update
To supplement the dashboard, COVID information will be embedded here as part of my Monday messages. Please note the following:
- The NJDOH Risk Level remains at "High" - As community and regional rates continue to rise, the "Very High" designation has not yet been reached. Accordingly, schools may continue to operate under NJDOH guidance.
- If anyone in a household is ill, all household members are now advised to remain home - If this occurs, please contact the school for further guidance.
- The NJDOH has launched a website for vaccine information, including a vaccine newsletter - These links are provided for informational purposes.
The next Superintendent Coffee will take place on Wednesday at 7pm.
While the floor will be open to any topic, COVID updates, facilities planning, and district improvement efforts will certainly be discussed. I hope to see you via Zoom.
Please contribute to the facilities planning Thoughtexchange.
No login or password is required. Please contribute your thoughts and rate the thoughts of others. Make sure to visit the platform multiple times so that you can get feedback on your thoughts and rate new thoughts as they are contributed.
Important upcoming dates:
- Dec 9 - Superintendent Coffee, 7pm
- Dec 13 - Close of the Facilities Planning Thoughtexchange, 11:59pm
- Dec 15 - BOE Meeting Public Session, 7pm for public portion
- Dec 23 - Single Session Schedule
- Dec 24 - Begin Winter Recess
- Jan 4 - First Day of School in 2021
- Jan 5 - BOE Reorganization Meeting, 7pm for public portion
Best wishes for a healthy start to December. Stay safe so that we can stay Madison Strong.