Dear Madison Families,
After a careful review of various weather projections, it has been determined that there is a very high likelihood that afternoon classroom temperatures throughout the district will not be conducive to occupancy tomorrow. To ensure that staff and students are not subject to unhealthy indoor conditions, all Madison Public Schools will dismiss students early on Monday, August 29. Please consider the following important details:
- CAS, TJS, and KRS will dismiss at 12:45 pm
- MJS will dismiss at 12:25 pm
- MHS will dismiss at 12:06 pm
- PM Preschool will be canceled
- This early dismissal applies to all students, regardless of whether or not their particular classroom is air-conditioned
- Extracurricular activities may continue as scheduled; any changes will be communicated through the schools
We recognize that scheduling changes present hardships for many families and apologize that some families will be inconvenienced. We will continue monitoring the weather forecasts for the rest of the week and will notify families with as much notice as possible if additional changes become necessary.
Although it will not be a full day, we are excited to welcome your child tomorrow!
Superintendent of Schools